Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update of delicous.com bulk for tagger

While waiting for BLAST results this afternoon, I pushed an update to a script that lets you bulk for-tag Delicious bookmarks to friends in your network. You can obtain it from the link above, or with Subversion.

svn export https://gotgenes.com/svn/toolbox/trunk/delicious-bulk-for.py

This version brings in a little more privacy. Your account information should now be stored in a profile file (~/.dbf_profile by default) rather than be explicitly entered on the command line, which exposed your password to anyone looking over your shoulder. It was also a chance for me to get a little more acquainted with the Python standard library's ConfigParser. Additionally, it has an honest-to-goodness CLI parser now, powered by one of my favorite Python stdlib modules, optparse.

If you happen to use it, let me know if you have any problems. I have written zero unit tests for the script, so I consider the code fragile, but it improves as more and more people ask me for it. So far, though, the new version works for me.

(As a side note, I really miss the old del.icio.us name. Foo on delicious.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment